Thursday, March 24, 2016

To Begin With The Direct Way

Direct Instruction Lesson:
The direct lesson plan focused on the scientific method.  We started with a pre-assessment sheet for the students to fill out.  We then taught the steps of the scientific method and the concept for each step.  Students learned what a scientist do and how they use the scientific method.  We used two smartboard activities for our guide practice. At the end of the lesson we gave the students a exit ticket to assess how much of the information they retained from the lesson.  



Reflection
This time around we were the last group to go.  Michael and I had worked together in our social studies class and we work very well together.  In these session I felt less scared and less intimidated.  The direct lesson flowed very well and Michael and I feed off each other very well.  This was also a great learning experience.  In our direct lesson we need to work on using more check for understanding throughout the lesson.  We should have put in more stop and think questions after every couple of slides.  This would have enforced the concepts even more.  Other things I found I need to work on is my use of academic language which was better in this lesson, but, I still caught myself saying "you guys". I had a good time teaching this topic and the students were engaged through the lesson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment